Due to COVID-19 Carisbrooke Surgery will no longer be offering walk-in or pre-bookable appointments with doctors. Please call the appointment line on 01424 432925 where your call will be triaged, or, even better, use Engage Consult for an online direct consultation with a clinician. We are unable to offer tests for Covid-19 infection.
If you are offered an appointment at the surgery:
- DO NOT arrive more than 10 mins before your appointment time.
- Ring the doorbell in the entrance lobby and wait for a member of staff to come out to you.
- Wear a face covering if possible.
- Before you enter the surgery your temperature will be taken.
- When you enter the building please use the alcohol gel provided on your hands.
- DO NOT bring other people with you to your appointment unless this is absolutely essential.
If you have either a high temperature (37.8° or above) or a new continuous cough (coughing repeatedly) STAY AT HOME for 7 days. You will not need a sick note for this.
DO NOT go to a GP, pharmacy or Hospital.
DO NOT contact NHS111 to tell them you are self-isolating.
ONLY contact NHS111 if you feel you cannot cope at home with your symptoms/your condition gets worse/your symptoms DO NOT get better after 7 days.
Covid-19 (Corona Virus) and Online Consultations using Engage Consult
To ensure that we delay the spread of Covid-19 as effectively as possible, it's ESSENTIAL that we limit face-to-face consultations to only those patients who urgently need them.
We urge all patients to contact us FIRST using Engage Consult, our online consultation system. You can give us as much detail about your problem as you feel comfortable with. If you create an account straightaway, we can also get back to you online. No more hanging on the telephone.
If you have any concerns that you may have the virus, you MUST stay at home and contact us via Engage Consult (between 07:00 and 11:00), by phone, or NHS 111